With newsletters- like anything else for that matter- there are things you should do, and things you should avoid.
What to put in your newsletter:
- You want your newsletters to be helpful, so put any tips or hints you might have.
- Include any information that could be useful to your client
- Providing links to other articles can also be helpful
Now, what to steer clear of with your newsletter:
- Stay away from too many promotional gimmicks.
- Bad grammar and a lot of spelling mistakes could lead to less clients
- Keep the personal details out too. No one needs to- or wants to- know about your love life or plans for the weekend.
At the end of the day, you want your newsletter to pull clients in. Keep it short and sweet- to the point. Too much jargon might result in loss of interest. Don’t bombard your clients either with excessive newsletters. Try sending it out once a week.
Above all though, this is your company you’re representing, so be professional.